Friday, September 27, 2013

Turned Blackbird

Hi Everyone and happy Friday to you. 

I have a card for you today that hints of fall. The stamps I've used are from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps. 

The background stamp (J3713) was inked with white ink and stamped on black card stock. I cut 1/2" out of the background and then mounted it onto mustard cs, leaving the same amount of border all around. 

Next I punched a circle out of masking material, placed it onto white cs and rubbed over it with distress inks in honey and broken china. I then stamped the bird (D3703) image in black onto the distressed piece. I trimmed it to the size wanted, leaving just the tiny bit of branch in tact. I trimmed around this with my scissors. I mounted this completed piece onto gold mirri card. This was then popped up onto the card. 

I stamped the message (A3601) onto white cs and cut out using a Spellbinders tag die and inked with distress ink. It was popped up and natural twine was used to secure. 




Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to visit justforfunrubberstamps.blogspot.com for more inspiration   

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful stamping here, Linda! Love the patterns in your bg stamp, and your focal image is very dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vivian; coming from you it brings a big smile to my face.

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorites!!! I LOVE the Distress Ink background!

    ReplyDelete