Friday, February 1, 2013

Watching For Spring...

Hi Bloggers!

I'm sure you up north crafters are watching for spring too. This card was created using only two stamps from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps; a tree with berries and a cardinal. I love the tree with berries 'cause it is such a versatile stamp. It can be used for all seasons and creates such an interesting background.  Well, I'll let you decide.


I just love cardinals and we get a lot of them at our feeders. It's fun to see the male feeding the female...hmmm, wish that would happen in my kitchen.

 
This picture gives you a closer look at the three layers that are stamped with the tree with berries stamp. The red card stock was stamped with black ink, the silver stardream card stock was stamped with silver Brilliance and the top layer was stamped with gray ink on top of decorative paper. The berries were colored with a fine-tipped red pen.  But remember, the berries can be any color you choose to suit the season. The decorative paper was attached to a mat of black and popped up on the stardream.
  
 
 

I decided to add a flower in the corner using the same colors used for the card and added just a bit of tulle/pearls for interest.


 
 
 
The lovely cardinal is the focal point of this card. It is colored with pencils, fussy cut and added to the front.
 
 
I hope this inspires you to create something today. Thanks for visiting! 
 
 
Just For Fun Rubber Stamps:
 
Supplies Used:
Red card stock
Silver Stardream card stock
Gray decorative paper
Black card stock
White card stock
Archival black ink
Brilliance silver ink
Versafine gray ink
Colored pencils
Red pigment pen
Sizzix flower die
Sizzix cabinet card die
Tulle & pearls


2 comments:

  1. I love how that one stamp makes such a great texture throughout the card! And I like that you used the different inks to get the different looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete