Friday, February 8, 2013

READY FOR WINTER......

Oh my gosh....can't believe I'm creating cards for winter when I'm enjoying the Florida weather, but I guess I should be thankful I can be south during this time of year. YEAH!

Today I'm showing you a card I made using a favorite stamp from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps called Ready for Winter F2699.  She has such a timeless face and presence so she will be used for many years to come.   Here's my card (5 x 7 size).


I did the triple layering technique using just one stamp for the background G3584 Tree with Berries (again one of my favorites, if you've been following my posts) . I stamped with Versafine ink onto white card stock and dotted each berry with a red marker. I then assembled all the layers/mats and started working on my image. Below is a closer look at the image...


I love to paper piece and thought this would be a great image to use this technique on. I stamped her first on white card stock using black Archival Ink and again on decorative paper. I thought the tiny print of the paper was so appropriate for her coat.  What do you think? 
I cut the first image out  and colored her hair, face, hands and warmers, boots and sled using colored pencils. I set this aside and cut out just the coat and hat from the print paper. I used my xacto knife to cut around the sleeve endings and her hands also. I adhered the print over the pencil-colored image and there she is...ready for winter.  Well, almost...


I decided she needed a fence to be waiting behind. I used the great Decorative Iron Fence D3518 and since I wanted it to conform to all the layers when adhered, I used laminating film and stamped onto it with Stazon ink.  It worked wonderfully.  Yippeee, I have a new product to use in my stamping!!!  And no adhesive dots to show :)  

Just when I thought it might be ready to post I wanted to have it snowing, sooooo


I grabbed three Prima white flowers, added adhesive to the fronts and sprinkled white glitter on them. When dry, I glued them onto the card like they were falling around the image and added a tiny drop of white Liquid Pearl to the center of each one. Now it was complete.

She is absolutely Ready for Winter and I do believe she almost has a grin on her face, don't you? 

Thanks for stopping by and checking out today's card.

 
 
Supplies Used:
White & dark blue card stock
Black Archival Ink
Versafine Smokey Gray Ink
Black Stazon Ink
Red Marker
Prismacolor pencils
Stampendous glitter
Prima flowers
My Mind's Eye decorative 6x6 paper
Laminating sheet
 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment