Friday, January 25, 2013

Tag..You're a Valentine!

Hi Bloggers!

I have a tag for you today. It's not a standard shaped tag but my daughter always says I'm a bit goofy, so that's OK.  The stamps I used are, of course, from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps and I'm having a great time coming up with different ways to use them. You should also check out their Blog 'cause the design team has been posting some great inspiration there in addition to their personal blogs.

OK, here is the tag I designed.

 
I love the rose petals (actually they are leaves) but in red they are petals stenciled over a background of "Love" stamped over and over. .(E2658 Love)  The Versamagic ink allows the stamped background to come through.





 
I thought the leaf looked a lot like a heart...don't you? And there is just a bit of bling extending from the top of the "heart" that I picked up in the wedding isle somewhere. I decided this was the perfect spot to place my greeting..C2242 Happy Valentine's Day. 

 
I freehanded the outlines on the petals, first with a black, fine-tipped Pitt pen and then with a white pen and added just a few hearts.

 
I thought the red ribbon looked a bit too blank so I stamped one of the images from the CB9020 Romantic Cube a couple of times and it was just enough.
 
Hope I've given you some inspiration today....now go "heart" someone.
 
Just For Fun Rubber Stamps Used:
 
Supplies Used:
Quilt sewing template for tag shape
Archival ink
Versamagic ink
May Arts ribbon
Grosgrain ribbon
Spellbinders stencil
Distress ink & blending tool
Pitt Pen
White Pen

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the white outlines of the leaves--this REALLY makes them pop off the tag! And that leaf really DOES look like a <3!

    ReplyDelete