Saturday, October 5, 2013

You are my Sunshine...

HAPPY WORLD CARD MAKING DAY!

OK, I'm at a crop with my daughter today and sharing what I am making as I go....Got here at noon and will be heading home ?????? It is now 5:07pm and I only have two projects to show you but hey, I'm lovin' it :)  Time with my daughter is PRICELESS....

The first one I am submitting to Paper Crafts in honor of World Card Making Day.

This is a larger card as the doll is from the Julie Nutting collection. She is paper pieced using Basic Gray Autumn Splendor paper. The embossed background was embossed using a Cuttlebug folder and Core'dinations Chocolate Box cs and then sanded. I dyed the seam binding using distress inks.
The sentiment is from Hero Arts and the pearls are from Close To My Heart. The hair and doll body was colored with Prismacolor pencils. 


The next project is for a My Mind's Eye challenge using the Chalk Studio paper line.  I used the entire 6x6 page that already had the "you are my sunshine..." in the center. I then stamped flourishes around the perimeter with Versamagic White Cloud ink. When dry I highlighted with my white gel pen and went over most of the flourishes with my white colored pencil. 


Since the sentiment mentions sunshine I wanted to add some yellow/gold to the flourishes. My daughter had some really nice tiny, tiny flower sequins in lemon yellow from ccartwright.com. Thanks hon!  I glossy accented them to the background and matted the entire paper onto honey cs and then more mustard cs. Oh, BTW, I forgot that I dragged the white ink pad over the entire black piece to make it look like the board had been erased before and also on the mustard cs to make it a bit more muted.


To take a look at my daughter's challenge project for My Mind's Eye, click here

Thanks for visiting me and hope you are having a very creative World Card Making Day for 2013.  
Dyeandpigment......Linda K

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that girl's dress. She is wearing my favorite Basic Grey collection!

    And the details on your chalkboard are great--even down to the swiped ink pad so that it looks erased. awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete