Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Romance, Romance, Romance

Are you ready for some romance on Valentine's Day? This silhouetted Romantic Couple, the American Beauties and lace just ooze with Valentine's Day Romance.










The finished card is 5 x 7. I cut the card stock and folded in half. I cut a piece of vanilla and ran through the Cuttlebug using an embossing folder and then sponged lightly on all the corners with light pink ink. I attached two strips of lace that I found in my stash to the left side of the embossed card stock with 1/8" red line tape. Next I die cut an oval die from mirri card. I stamped the American Beauty Rose on white and colored with pencils. I stamped the silhouetted couple in black ink and fussy cut. To bring out the colors a bit more, I rubbed Microglaze over the rose and silhouetted couple. When putting all layers together I used 1/16" foam squares that I purchased from a $1 store and it was just enough to raise each layer just a bit. I hope you like the card and will be inspired to create your own bit of romance. Thanks for checking out Just For Fun Rubber Stamps and the blogs of the design team members.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone and don't forget to "heart" someone!

Stamps Used:
H2247 American Beauties
F2734 Romantic Couple

Supplies Used:
Pink card stock
Vanilla card stock
Mirri card (pewter)
Lace from my stash
Adirondak ink
Archival ink
Red line tape
Embossing folder
Spellbinder's oval die
Prismacolor pencils
Microglaze
1/16" foam squares

No comments:

Post a Comment