Friday, November 8, 2013

Core'dinations Thankful

Update: Just found out this card was picked as the winner for this challenge.  There were such wonderful submissions I can't believe it...pinch me....Thank you Vivian and Core'dinations. 

Hi hard core croppers. This is one of my Thanksgiving cards I'm sending out. I am submitting it to the Core'dinations crop/challenge from Vivian Keh who says: "feature core'dinations cardstock on your gratitude card/layout and use an autumn palette of colors".  So, here is what I made and hope you like it.


I envisioned the feathers to represent a turkey and the colors, of course, are autumn. The chipboard house represents family who gather to share what they are thankful for.

I cut watercolor paper for my background base. A gold gelato was applied to all edges, spritzed with water and my favorite tool...my finger...was used to move the pigment around. After drying, I stamped the background text, rubbed distress ink on all edges and stamped the sentiment. I die cut the feathers and embossed the majority of them but left some plain. The embossed feathers were sanded and rubbed with distress ink. The plain feathers were creased down the center and distressed with ink. All feathers were glued down. The house embellishment was colored with distress ink, hemp threaded through the four holes, tied at the back and glued down. The entire piece was adhered to brown card stock.  

Supplies used:
TH Kraft-core nostalgic collection colorcore cardstock
Watercolor paper
Chocolate brown cardstock
Faber-Castell Gelato- gold
TH Distress ink - vintage photo
Ranger - Archival black ink
Maya Road microchip button
Darice - 20lb hemp cord
Sizzix embossing folder
QuicKutz feather die
Art Impressions stamp
Sanding block, dust cloth - Core'dinations

6 comments:

  1. This is so unique! Beautiful!! I love those feathers and the colors! The background is simple and yet really sets off and compliments the rest. Such thoughtfulness! I really like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, Linda! The feathers are so rich in color and texture and I love how they are fanned out. The symbolism is just perfect. Thank you for playin along with my challenge! This visit was such a treat. Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and now I need that Sizzix embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is gorgeous and so neat! Love the feathers and the colors and the texture.

    ReplyDelete